Business Development Officer - Montreal
At Bibby Financial Services, Inc., we're a fast-growing company with an exciting opportunity for you to grow with us! As part of the 200-year-old Bibby Line Group, we are an independent international financial services firm with offices in 13 countries. If you are looking for a stable company, that has years of experience in the financial industry sector and sees employees as their biggest asset than you are in the right place. At BFS, we provide our employees with the right environment, role, and tools to deliver excellence and quality in everything we do.
We provide an extensive range of benefits to our employees.
Are you hungry for a change and ready to get to the next level of your career?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team in an office environment and to act independently when required.
- Computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills and competency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong customer service.
- Develops knowledge and understanding of the commercial financing industry with experience in Factoring and or Asset Based Lending including competition, people, products, risk etc.
- Attend industry standard and niche networking events.
- Develops new introductory sources through various activities.
- Maintains relationships with introductory sources.
- Develop new business through introducers.
- Cold Calls when applicable to develop new business and introducers.
- Follows up with existing clients to develop new business.
- Maintains accurate records and uses technology effectively to manage pipeline and activity management.
- Works to achieve and improves upon set personal and team targets and objectives.
- Attends regular meetings with Sales Team to communicate Sales strategy and remain informed of business developments.
- Maintains and upholds the highest standards of service.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
- Manages multiple priorities in an organized manner to meet set deadlines. Reassesses if higher need arises. Copes well with demands of the job and manages their time efficiently.
- Possesses excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire others. Leads by example.
- Exercises independent judgment and applies prudent risk mitigation principles. Understands how and when to elevate issues when required.
- Provides a solution to any arising issues. Takes accountability for decisions made.
- Maintains a high level of effectiveness during times of change by adapting behavior and approaches to changing circumstances. Accepts additional and changing roles, responsibilities and tasks.
- Listens with acute attention to detail.
- Focuses on Customers. Knows and cares about our internal and external customers. Works as a team to deliver excellent service and exceed their expectations.
- Understands the complexities and key factors that impact our business.
- Drives outstanding results & can be counted on to do so.
- Understands key features of Bibby’s core and specialist products.
- Demonstrates loyalty to Bibby, its vision and values and work with consistency, integrity, accountability and shows enthusiasm. Builds team spirit.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.