At Bibby Financial Services, Inc., we're a fast-growing company with an exciting opportunity in the financial services industry for an experienced Underwriter in the Atlanta, GA area. If you are hungry for a challenge & looking to grow with an industry leader, then we have the opportunity for you!
- Provides the support resources necessary to analyze the credit worthiness and profitability of relationships generated by the Business Development Officer efforts.
- Assists in preparing in-depth, front-end analysis on credits, which includes gathering all necessary financial information, discussing credit request and financial information with customer in conjunction with underwriting,initial preparation of credit approval documents for senior-level review, and guiding the credit request through the appropriate process.
- Assesses information provided by potential borrowers, such as their financial liabilities, credit history, employment and income, to calculate the risks of extending credit to applicants.
- Provides involvement from proposal letter stage through funding, including engaging Lawyers,
- Auditors and other professionals to ensure a commercially viable structure is achieved and Bibby is legally sound from a documentary perspective.
- Performs underwriting of new clients and existing clients requiring facility increases or changes.
- Provides immediate and on-going support to each Bibby business.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; Minimum 3 years commercial credit underwriting experience; Must be analytical, detail-oriented, and have financial acumen and strong ethics; Excellent organization and time management skills needed; Good communication/customer service skills required; Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is a must; Computer literate with excellent keyboarding skills and competency with Microsoft Office; Ability to learn new systems quickly.